Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY LAUNDRY DETERGENT!

How to make natural laundry soap.

I like to make stuff. All kinds of stuff. From laundry detergent to body scrubs to shirts for my boys..the list goes on and on and I love to learn how to make new stuff! From time to time, I'll post how and what I am currently creating! Today I wanted to share how I make my own laundry detergent. I have been making my own detergent for years now and it works great, even in my HE front load! It's a very common and simple recipe. Easy to make and easy to use! Making your own laundry detergent is not only less expensive, but it is without the multiple chemicals added to most name brands so it's better for the environment and gentler on our skin. I prefer to make dry vs liquid detergent because it's so much easier! Here's what you need:


Dragonflies and Stars DIY Laundry Detergent


6 cups Borax


4 cups Baking Soda


4 cups Washing Soda


3 bars Fels-Naptha, all natural soap, grated


Mix all ingredients and store in a sealed container


Use 1/8 cup of powder per full load.










I like to keep mine in a pretty jar, because even the laundry room can be beautiful! You can find these jars at any craft store. Add a handmade tag and you've got a beautiful display of practical and environmentally friendly homemade laundry soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment